Sunday, July 25, 2010

Yes, I would like cheese with that.

It's been brought to my attention (per my brutally honest husband) that I am indeed a whiner. I'd just like to take a brief moment to try and defend myself.

Recent whines -

1. Bug bites. While on an evening excursion to get ice cream, I got bit by a hungry mosquito ... twice. My daughter, Aubree is allergic to mosquitoes and quickly develops golf ball sized welts on her skin when attacked by these annoying little creatures. She has a reason to complain. I, however, do not. Did I rush to the medicine cabinet and cake my itty bitty bites with anti-itch cream? Yes. Why? It itchessssssss!!  Okay, okay ... I'll take my cheese please.

Tom - 1
Alison - 0

2. Cold Orange Soda. I absolutely love orange soda. I'm not sure why ... maybe because it takes me back to my childhood. Or maybe because I like to have an orange mustache that comes from something other than my fake tanning lotion. I don't know. But, my thoughtful husband brought one home for me. Where did he put it? In the fridge. Sounds normal, right? Not for this picky orange soda lover. I like some of my beverages room temperature. You see, I have sensitive teeth. It hurtssssssssss.  Fine. More cheese for me.

Tom - 2
Alison - 0

3. Matchbox Car Landmines. My son, Cameron has an enormous collection of Matchbox cars ... actually, he could really use an intervention. That's neither here nor there. The issue is this - he leaves them strategically placed (not really ... it just seems that way) in the middle of our high traffic areas. I was leisurely walking through the living room and planted my bare foot right on top of one of what had to be the pointiest matchbox cars ever created. I dropped to the floor like I was in the middle of a gang related drive-by. I was rolling around on the floor whimpering as if I actually had been shot in said fictitious drive-by. Currently, I have a quarter sized bruise on the bottom of my foot. Put your toys away Cameron. And hold the cheese. This one's mine.

Final Score =

Tom - 2
Alison - 1

Alright,  I don't really think that I'll continue to relive more tragic events. I'll close by saying that it's a good thing that I like cheese. I'll just bow my head and retreat. But, not before I go whine to my husband that we're plum out of crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment