Thursday, May 12, 2011

He's Delicious. He's Misunderstood. He's Booger Fish.

A quick conversation between myself and my sweet 4 year old boy made me realize that I should think twice before coming up with silly names for Goldfish Colors in effort to get a giggle out of him.

The conversation went something like this …. 

Cameron - "Mom, I gotta poop!

Me - "Ok. Go to the bathroom.

A few minutes pass. 

Cameron - "MoooOOOooom … I need help wiff my wiping!

Side note - He says this as he is waddling out of the bathroom with his (clearly out of season) Christmas jammies down around his ankles. 

Me - "I'm coming. Go back into the bathroom, please."

We both take a glance into the potty (I never thought that I'd ever glance into the toilet as if it were some sort of treasure box, until I had children. A mom has to make sure that every aspect of their child's health is covered, right?!) and notice that Cameron's poo is green (I'm fairly certain that this is normal. I refuse to WebMD "green poop" … if it's not healthy, please let me know). 

Me - "Cameron, what did you eat that was green?"

Cameron - "Uhh … just boogers, Mom."

Me - "Cameron, we don't eat boogers. Only tissues eat boogers."

Cameron - "I'm wasn't eating MY boogers. I was eating the green goldfish … that's it. They is called "Booger Fish", right Mom?"

Then it dawned on me … OH NO! 

One afternoon, we were enjoying a handful of those delicious Goldfish that happen to be multi-colored. He was in a crabby mood. So in efforts to get my little guy to cheer up (the word "booger" always gets a giggle) … we named the Goldfish.

Green - "Booger Fish"
Purple - "Jelly Fish
Orange - "Cheesy Fish"
Yellow - "Regular Fish

I know, I know … "Booger Fish" is the only funny one … but, I was in a pinch. I only needed one giggle. After all, they are contagious.

After the green poop, I asked Cameron if he had told anyone else that he eats "boogers". He said that he had, in fact, told his entire preschool class and teacher that he eats green boogers (not to be confused with any other shade of booger that may form in his tiny nose).

Fantastic!! Now, everyone thinks he eats his boogies. Eck. 

"The snack that smiles back" has turned into the snack that makes all of the kids point and laugh at you because you're the grossest kid on the block. 

In his defense, he does NOT eat boogers. I know that most preschoolers experiment with the never ending "snack" from their face. But, he never has. 

Perhaps, I should've named the green Goldfish "Broccoli Fish" … It is way more acceptable to eat that. However, I am certain that "Broccoli Fish" would not have cheered him up that regretful afternoon. 

Lesson learned. My little sponge actually listens. Who knew? ;o) 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

to funny Alison

Madison said...

I love it so cute.

Anonymous said...

ahaha when was that?

Post a Comment